Case Highlights from Miller Family Law:
- Defeated a request for protective order against our client, an out-of-state defendant, where petition raised decades old claims of disputed past abuse and successfully argued petitioner did not satisfy the intent of the statute by failing to show a reasonable fear of abuse.
- Increased property settlement for our client by 80% through negotiations with opposing counsel after multiple attorneys refused to accept our client's case.
- Successfully defended against a temporary restraining order alleging drug abuse and neglect of an infant where evidence of a failed drug test and warrant for arrest against our client was presented. Argued that such evidence does not support a showing of abuse or neglect of our client's infant. The restraining order was denied.
- Successfully obtained a protective order and supervised parent-time (visitation) to protect our client's child against neglect of his father during his parent-time.
- Assisted client in successfully recalling criminal warrants.
- Successfully represented father in mediation and settlement of paternity rights, obtaining favorable custody, support, right of first refusal and decision making orders.