Case Highlights from Miller Family Law:
- Defeated a request for protective order against our client, an out-of-state defendant, where petition raised decades old claims of disputed past abuse and successfully argued petitioner did not satisfy the intent of the statute by failing to show a reasonable fear of abuse.
- Increased property settlement for our client by 80% through negotiations with opposing counsel after multiple attorneys refused to accept our client's case.
- Successfully defended against a temporary restraining order alleging drug abuse and neglect of an infant where evidence of a failed drug test and warrant for arrest against our client was presented. Argued that such evidence does not support a showing of abuse or neglect of our client's infant. The restraining order was denied.
- Successfully obtained a protective order and supervised parent-time (visitation) to protect our client's child against neglect of his father during his parent-time.
- Assisted client in successfully recalling criminal warrants.
- Successfully represented father in mediation and settlement of paternity rights, obtaining favorable custody, support, right of first refusal and decision making orders.
Utah divorce attorney discusses alimony awards and modifications of alimony.Read More